IOM3 Welcomes Queen's Speech
IOM3 WELCOMES QUEEN'S SPEECH FOCUS ON INVESTMENT IN SCIENCE, ENERGY, TRANSPORT AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The Monarch has today set out the Government’s plan for 26 bills to deliver Brexit, improve environmental targets to help tackle climate change, increase investment in science and ensure a national infrastructure strategy to improve transport and energy infrastructure.
IOM3 is pleased to see Government is committed to:
- Building safety standards – new legislation regarding the implementation of safety standards
- Introducing a national infrastructure strategy – a long-term vision to improve the nation’s digital transport and energy infrastructure
- Establishing the UK as a world-leader of scientific capability and space technology
- Increased investment in science and development of new funding agency and open visa system
- Ambitious national space strategy
- Protecting the environment for future generations through new laws
- Improve air and water quality, tackle plastic pollution and restore habitats so plants and wildlife can thrive.
- A new legislation to create new legally binding environmental improvement targets
- Establish a new world-leading independent regulator to scrutinise environmental policy and law and investigate complaints and take action
- Prioritise and tackle climate change
- Ensure all girls have access to 12 years of quality education.
The full news story can be viewed via the IOM3 website